People Shared The Most Unexpectedly Disturbing Moments In Non-Horror Films And Yikes
"Absolutely not." —Me just trying to enjoy a non-horror film for once.
1. The tunnel scene, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
2. The zombie Iron Man, Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
3. The beginning scene, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
4. The interrogation scene, The Goonies (1985)
5. The nail scene, Home Alone (1990)
6. The ceremony scene, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
7. The quarantine scene, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
8. The basilisk scene, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
9. The Large Marge scene, Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (1985)
10. The finger scene, Black Swan (2010)
11. The sinking scene, Titanic (1997)
12. The scarab scene, The Mummy (1999)
13. The R.O.U.S. scene, The Princess Bride (1987)
14. The Bilbo scene, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
15. The ending scene, Mother! (2017)
16. The child catcher scene, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)
17. The basement scene, Zodiac (2007)
18. The bear scene, Annihilation (2018)
19. And finally...the OTHER bear scene, The Revenant (2015)
Now it's your turn! Share the scene you believe is the most disturbing one to appear in a non-horror movie and why it freaks you out in the comments below for a chance to be featured in an upcoming BuzzFeed Community post and/or video!
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.