17 More Disturbing Movie Moments That Manage To Be Terrifying With Absolutely Zero Gore
Don't read this post if you were hoping to — oh, I don't know — sleep tonight.
We recently asked members of our BuzzFeed Community, "What is the most disturbing film scene that has absolutely zero gore?" and their horrifying answers inspired even more terrifying responses! So, here are some MORE of the most nightmare-inducing scenes shared:
Also, WARNING: While this post contains no blood or guts, it does contain some very disturbing scenes and descriptions, as well as SPOILERS for some of these films. Please proceed with caution!
1. The twist, Primal Fear (1996)
2. The Wheelers, Return to Oz (1985)
3. The hallucinations, Requiem for a Dream (2000)
4. The clapping, The Conjuring (2013)
5. The threat, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
6. The nightmare, Mulholland Drive (2001)
7. The opening, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007)
8. The camera view, The Visit (2015)
9. The "bear" attack, Annihilation (2018)
10. The fate of Jackson, A Star Is Born (2018)
11. The monster, Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
12. The judge's masquerade, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
13. The jump scare, When a Stranger Calls (1979)
14. Dr. Facilier's demise, The Princess and the Frog
15. The seance, Beetlejuice (1988)
16. The reveal, The Boy (2016)
17. And finally, the "Tall Man," It Follows (2014)
Now it's your turn! Do you know of any more disturbing scenes than those listed? Share your pick in the comments below!
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.