People Shared The Best-Acted Movie Scenes Of All Time And Yes, Yes To All
You know, those "Oooh, someone's gettin' an Oscar!" scenes.
We recently asked members of our BuzzFeed Community, "What is the best-acted movie scene of all time and why?" and WHEW, they did not disappoint. Here are just a few of the most perfect performances ever committed to film:
WARNING: Due to the nature of this post, it does contain several SPOILERS for these films. Please proceed with caution.
1. The opening scene, Inglourious Basterds (2009)
2. The "And I Am Telling You" scene, Dreamgirls (2006)
3. The ending scene, The Thing (1982)
4. The fight scene, Juno (2007)
5. The restroom monologue scene, Hidden Figures (2016)
6. The dressing room scene, I, Tonya (2017)
7. The choice scene, Sophie's Choice (1982)
8. The USS Indianapolis scene, Jaws (1975)
9. The colorblind scene, Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
10. The confrontation scene, Fences (2016)
11. The interrogation scene, The Dark Knight (2008)
12. The execution scene, The Green Mile (1999)
13. The dinner scene, Hereditary (2018)
14. The child scene, Forrest Gump (1994)
15. The final monologue, Atonement (2007)
16. The CD scene, Love Actually (2003)
17. The break-up scene, The Social Network (2010)
18. The "milkshake" scene, There Will Be Blood (2007)
19. The business card scene, American Psycho (2000)
20. The finale scene, Black Swan (2010)
21. The funeral scene, Steel Magnolias (1989)
22. The dinner scene, The Notebook (2004)
23. The interview scene, Gone Girl (2014)
24. And finally — the argument scene, Marriage Story (2019)
Now it's your turn! What scenes were left out of this list? What do YOU believe is the single best-acted movie scene of all time? Share yours in the comments below!
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.