1. Sometimes they can be cruel.
2. Often they are selfish.
3. They can also be very critical.
4. And dismissive.
5. And it feels like they’re always judging you.
6. They’re easily irritated.
7. And most of the time they show no appreciation.
8. Or remorse.
9. Did we mention they can be cruel?
10. They’ll demand your constant attention.
11. But will show no interest in your own needs.
12. They only want you around as long as it’s useful to them.
13. Sometimes you wonder why you keep them around at all.
14. Until they do something that is just too cute.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of Education Secretaries.
- Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit: no single market, parliamentary vote on the final deal, and a warning to the EU not to punish the UK.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Most hate crimes go unreported. Help BuzzFeed News and other news outlets document hate crimes and harassment in the US.