1. Stop everything to watch this high-quality prequel to the Harry Potter series, made by die-hard fans.
With stellar visual effects, impeccable casting, and a carefully crafted script, it’s wands-down the best 25 minutes of your day.
2. The year is 1978 and the Marauders — James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and Remus Lupin — have just graduated from Hogwarts.
Writer and director Justin Zagri told BuzzFeed, “I did a poll on our Facebook page with a few story options, and it was almost unanimous that the fans wanted a story about the Marauders. So, I read the books again, did some research, and came up with a story that I feel had something to say, while making sure we got to know both Snape and the Marauders when they were transitioning into adults, and how events of their past helped shape their future.”
8. The young men all head to the forest, where a battle begins.
The entire film was shot in four days, but the postproduction effort took about a year to complete. Zagri told BuzzFeed, “It’s a slow but rewarding process, as you get to see every piece slowly come together. Each shot of visual effects that came in was really fun. Jake Akuna, Navid Sanati, Amy Carpenter, Michael Davidson, and Julian Rodriguez did an amazing job.”
11. We won’t spoil the ending for you, so do yourself a favor and watch the whole damn thing. And then you can get a behind-the-scenes look at the making of this epic adventure here.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.