2. On Saturday, hundreds of Red Sox fans took to the streets of Boston to celebrate the team’s victory in the World Series.
4. When the parade reached the site of the Boston marathon bombings, Jonny Gomes, an outfielder, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, a catcher, placed the Red Sox trophy and a jersey reading “Boston Strong” over the marathon finish line.
6. At the finish line, designated hitter David Ortiz climbed off a duck boat to walk across it.
After being named World Series MVP, Ortiz shouted “Boston Strong” to Red Sox fans in Fenway Park.
7. Then, the parade paused for a moment of silence.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀