2. On Saturday, hundreds of Red Sox fans took to the streets of Boston to celebrate the team’s victory in the World Series.
4. When the parade reached the site of the Boston marathon bombings, Jonny Gomes, an outfielder, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia, a catcher, placed the Red Sox trophy and a jersey reading “Boston Strong” over the marathon finish line.
6. At the finish line, designated hitter David Ortiz climbed off a duck boat to walk across it.
After being named World Series MVP, Ortiz shouted “Boston Strong” to Red Sox fans in Fenway Park.
7. Then, the parade paused for a moment of silence.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲