2. Officials said the suspect was killed during the shoot-out. The officers are in stable condition, New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said.
Mozdir, 32, is from California, but was hiding out in New York CIty, police sources told the New York Post.
Mozdir had reportedly been the subject of a nationwide search after a friend accused him of molesting her son when he was babysitting for her in a city near San Diego in June 2012.
5. Mozdir was the subject of CNN’s The Hunt last week.
6. Modzir and the injured law enforcement officers were taken to Bellevue Hospital, where Modzir died, DNA Info reports.
“It appears that the injuries to the officers are not life-threatening,” de Blasio said in a press conference. “We pray everything we are hearing is true and that these officers will be OK in the long run.”
8. This is a developing story. Check back for updates and follow BuzzFeed News on Twitter.
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍