2. “I am convinced that it would be a grave error to be drawn into unilateral action, outside of international law,” he said.
9. In a New York Times opinion piece published this summer, Putin reinforced the importance of the United Nations: “No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage…”
“This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorization.”
11. “We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today’s complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos.”
From Putin’s New York Times op-ed.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉