2. “I am convinced that it would be a grave error to be drawn into unilateral action, outside of international law,” he said.
9. In a New York Times opinion piece published this summer, Putin reinforced the importance of the United Nations: “No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage…”
“This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorization.”
11. “We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today’s complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos.”
From Putin’s New York Times op-ed.
- Today's the fourth and final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- French prosecutors have identified the second suspect in the priest killing in Normandy as 19-year-old Abdel Malik Petitjean.
- The US Justice Department backed Obama's transgender policies in court after Texas and other states sued to block the rules.