2. “I am convinced that it would be a grave error to be drawn into unilateral action, outside of international law,” he said.
9. In a New York Times opinion piece published this summer, Putin reinforced the importance of the United Nations: “No one wants the United Nations to suffer the fate of the League of Nations, which collapsed because it lacked real leverage…”
“This is possible if influential countries bypass the United Nations and take military action without Security Council authorization.”
11. “We need to use the United Nations Security Council and believe that preserving law and order in today’s complex and turbulent world is one of the few ways to keep international relations from sliding into chaos.”
From Putin’s New York Times op-ed.
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.
- This is no illusion: Lady Gaga confirmed she's headlining the Super Bowl halftime show in February 🏈🎉
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.