1. Saturday Night Live writer Michael Patrick O’Brien will be joining the cast as a featured player this fall, and three others are rumored to have been hired, Dateline reports. O’Brien has been a writer on the show since 2009.
O’Brien performing improv with Saturday Night Live cast member, Aidy Bryant.
2. O’Brien spent years perfecting his comedy skills at Chicago’s iO and Second City theaters. He last appeared on the show during Justin Timberlake’s opening monologue on March 9, 2013.
O’Brien as the doorman in Justin Timberlake’s “Five-Timer’s Club” monologue, a role played by Conan O’Brien in the original ’80s sketch.
3. He also wrote this sketch.
4. O’Brien hosts the popular web-series “7 Minutes in Heaven,” in which he interviews celebrities and comedians in a closet.
6. All four are performers at the Upright Citizen’s Brigade Theater in Los Angeles, and have popular web videos to his or her name. Here’s one from Beck Bennett.
7. And a Step Up parody from John Millner, “Clap It Up.”
8. Noël Wells is known for her character work; here is her reel.
9. And lastly, Kyle Mooney, doing an awkward man-on-the-street segment at a MLB game.
10. This is a huge transitional year for SNL, as five performers are entering, and Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis left at the end of last season.
11. Seth Meyers will also depart in the late fall to prepare for his takeover as host of Late Night.
12. FYI: SNL has not hired a black woman since Maya Rudolph left the show in 2007. Although Keenan Thompson plays them a lot.
14. Especially because there are so many hilarious women of color in comedy.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.