2. He used facebook to document the trip.
3. “Hmm, this doesn’t look like France,” he wrote, after landing in Canada.
4. He stayed in Newfoundland overnight, and did not comment on whether he will reattempt the trans-atlantic flight to Europe.
5. So what happened?
The cluster balloon was never able to achieve a stable float altitude and developed a severe yo-yo effect —- rapid descents with the aircraft hitting the surface of the water, followed by rapid ascents to altitudes as high as 21,000 feet or more. Trappe was unable to gain a steady hand on the errant balloon cluster, which at 3,000 cubic meters of volume, was the largest in the world.
7. We are sorry it didn’t work out, Jonathan!
8. And still hope all your dreams come true.
- Hillary Clinton came closer than ever to attacking Donald Trump's character and tied her opponent to the "alt-right" movement.
- Italy has declared a state of emergency in the areas hardest hit by Wednesday's earthquake. At least 250 people have died and 400 others were injured.
- And we asked tourists and locals in Nice, France, what the burkini ban means to them.