2. He used facebook to document the trip.
3. “Hmm, this doesn’t look like France,” he wrote, after landing in Canada.
4. He stayed in Newfoundland overnight, and did not comment on whether he will reattempt the trans-atlantic flight to Europe.
5. So what happened?
The cluster balloon was never able to achieve a stable float altitude and developed a severe yo-yo effect —- rapid descents with the aircraft hitting the surface of the water, followed by rapid ascents to altitudes as high as 21,000 feet or more. Trappe was unable to gain a steady hand on the errant balloon cluster, which at 3,000 cubic meters of volume, was the largest in the world.
7. We are sorry it didn’t work out, Jonathan!
8. And still hope all your dreams come true.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋