1. On last night’s episode of the Daily Show, Jon Stewart explained that if Rupert Murdoch bought Time Warner, CNN would need to sell to another company. It would go for about $10 billion.
“Now, $10 billion is a lot for anybody,” said Stewart. “But it’s not a lot for all of us.”
3. So Stewart introduced his Kickstarter campaign to raise $10 billion and buy CNN.
5. There are some great prizes! If you donate $10, you’ll get your face in one of these boxes:
7. For only $25,000 you can do drugs with CNN host Fareed Zakaria!
9. If you throw in a small $5 million donation, CNN will spend two weeks straight searching for your keys.
11. And if you really step up to the plate and give $1 billion, you’ll get to see your favorite CNN anchors fight to the death!
13. While the Kickstarter campaign is just a joke, don’t worry: the website is real.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘