1. On last night’s episode of the Daily Show, Jon Stewart explained that if Rupert Murdoch bought Time Warner, CNN would need to sell to another company. It would go for about $10 billion.
“Now, $10 billion is a lot for anybody,” said Stewart. “But it’s not a lot for all of us.”
3. So Stewart introduced his Kickstarter campaign to raise $10 billion and buy CNN.
5. There are some great prizes! If you donate $10, you’ll get your face in one of these boxes:
7. For only $25,000 you can do drugs with CNN host Fareed Zakaria!
9. If you throw in a small $5 million donation, CNN will spend two weeks straight searching for your keys.
11. And if you really step up to the plate and give $1 billion, you’ll get to see your favorite CNN anchors fight to the death!
13. While the Kickstarter campaign is just a joke, don’t worry: the website is real.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.