2. “It is honestly humbling to meet you,” said Stewart. “Nothing feels better than making you laugh.”
3. Yousafzai described the terrorism inflicted on her village, including the Taliban bombing schools and slaughtering “two to three people a night.”
4. “I thought, why shall I wait for someone else?” Yousafzai said. “Why don’t I raise my voice? Why don’t I stand up for my rights? I need to tell the world what is happening.”
5. “I know your father is backstage and is very proud of you, but would he be mad if I adopted you?” Stewart asked, “Because you sure are swell.”
7. “I believe there is no difference between a man and a woman,” said Yousafzai. “I even believe a woman is more powerful than men.”
The crowd erupted with cheer as Yousafzai laughed. “Wait, what?” joked Stewart. “Malala, this was going so well.”
9. Stewart ended the interview series saying, “I don’t know where you come from, but I am very glad you’re here.”
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.