2. “It is honestly humbling to meet you,” said Stewart. “Nothing feels better than making you laugh.”
3. Yousafzai described the terrorism inflicted on her village, including the Taliban bombing schools and slaughtering “two to three people a night.”
4. “I thought, why shall I wait for someone else?” Yousafzai said. “Why don’t I raise my voice? Why don’t I stand up for my rights? I need to tell the world what is happening.”
5. “I know your father is backstage and is very proud of you, but would he be mad if I adopted you?” Stewart asked, “Because you sure are swell.”
7. “I believe there is no difference between a man and a woman,” said Yousafzai. “I even believe a woman is more powerful than men.”
The crowd erupted with cheer as Yousafzai laughed. “Wait, what?” joked Stewart. “Malala, this was going so well.”
9. Stewart ended the interview series saying, “I don’t know where you come from, but I am very glad you’re here.”
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏