4. Then described how different it would be if a black man reached down to his waist to show his gun:
You really do have no fucking idea, do you? You’re saying that if only Michael Brown, instead of holding his hands over his head, had reached down to his waist and lifted up his shirt to show the gun he did not actually have, this whole tragedy could have been avoided. Do you not understand that life in this country is inherently different for black and white people?
8. “Imagine that instead of having to suffer the indignity of a Festivus pole blocking something you could have set up in your own yard anyway, that you can’t get a cab, even though you’re a neurosurgeon, because you’re black.”
On a more serious note, Stewart told a story about one of his correspondents being racially profiled.
9. “Race is there; it exists,” said Stewart. “You’re tired of hearing about it? Imagine how fucking exhausting it is living it.”
- Donald Trump's home near Washington, DC has security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- Donald Trump alleged Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting, but he's appeared in a softcore porn.
- Seven bee species have officially been listed as endangered in the US. Losing them could have a devastating effect on the ecosystem.