1. Jonathan Trappe, 39, might be an IT Manager from North Carolina, but he is also a “daredevil” with a dream of flying across the Atlantic propelled by helium balloons.
2. You know, like the dude from Up.
3. Trappe took flight at 6:20 a.m. this morning from Caribou, Maine. Nobody has attempted the feat, although five have died trying to cross the Atlantic in hot air balloons.
4. His girlfriend said she knows she might never see him again, but still supports his dream.
6. Trappe posted his farewell facebook post last night.
9. If successful, Trappe’s trans-atlantic trip would set a world record and be his greatest feat yet.
10. A video of Trappe’s departure this morning
11. Good luck, Jonathan!
- The House voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Bill O'Reilly apologized after making what some are calling an "openly racist" remark about Rep. Maxine Waters' hair.