1. UPDATED — March 18, 10:55 p.m. ET:
2. Fashion designer and stylist L’Wren Scott was found dead of an apparent suicide in her New York City apartment on Monday, The Daily News reports.
She was found by an assistant, hanging from a scarf tied to a doorknob in her 11th Avenue apartment. No suicide note was found, police said.
4. On Tuesday Mick Jagger released a statement about Scott saying he “will never forget her.”
I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.
We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.
She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me.
I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.
I will never forget her,
6. Following Scott’s death, The Rolling Stones said they would be canceling their Australian and New Zealand tour.
“The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott.
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.
The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.”
9. Here are some of her designs:
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100 million every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️