1. UPDATED — March 18, 10:55 p.m. ET:
2. Fashion designer and stylist L’Wren Scott was found dead of an apparent suicide in her New York City apartment on Monday, The Daily News reports.
She was found by an assistant, hanging from a scarf tied to a doorknob in her 11th Avenue apartment. No suicide note was found, police said.
4. On Tuesday Mick Jagger released a statement about Scott saying he “will never forget her.”
I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.
We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.
She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me.
I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.
I will never forget her,
6. Following Scott’s death, The Rolling Stones said they would be canceling their Australian and New Zealand tour.
“The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott.
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.
The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.”
9. Here are some of her designs:
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲