2. Moscow authorities regularly deny gay groups’ applications for permission to hold demonstrations, usually because they say that protests could lead to violence.
3. Gay rights protesters nevertheless gathered outside the mayor’s office in Moscow on Saturday, where they were met with anti-gay demonstrators.
7. A woman wearing a Conchita Wurst-like beard was taken away by police.
10. Others held signs, waved flags, and resisted police who tried to break up the crowds.
13. There was no immediate information on whether those arrested would be charged.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control, dipping into Spanish.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing Saturday that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan.