1. Mexico City’s “sprawling suburbs” are home to over 20 million people, making it the most populous city in the western hemisphere.
4. “Flying over Mexico City has always been an overwhelming experience,” says the photographer, who snapped the photos from the cockpit of a two-person plane. “For ages it seems like the urban landscape with no ending.”
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.