1. UPDATED — April 20, 6:30 p.m. ET:
Malaysia Airlines flight MH192, which departed from Kuala International AIrport at 10:09 p.m. heading towards Bangalore, turned back towards Kuala Lumpur after the aircraft’s landing gear malfunctioned during takeoff.
The plane was carrying 166 people, seven of whom were crew members.
6. Flight MH192 landed safely at Kuala International AIrport at 1:56 a.m.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪