I’m Trayvon Martin for Halloween
2. The costume garnered a range of responses on twitter, but most were very angry.
@jamievandekamp You look great!
@KareliaTarango it blows my mind that more than jut one person thought that that was a good idea. How ignorant
I just saw a Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Halloween costume. That is literally beyond disgusting. People make me so sick.
Mychal Denzel Smith
“what’s the best way to prove we’re terrible human beings?” “dress up like George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin for Halloween” ~ white guys
The image was originally uploaded Friday to the Facebook page of Caitlin Cimeno, pictured in the middle, with the caption “Happy Halloween from Zimmerman & trayvon.” It was tweeted on Sunday by @jamievandekamp.
The man dressed as Martin is William Filene, 25, of Cape Coral, Florida, the Smoking Gun reports.
22-year-old Greg Cimeno, also of Cape Coral, is dressed as George Zimmerman. He allegedly commented “anything for the laugh,” after Cimeno posted the photograph to Facebook on Friday.
8. This wasn’t the only Trayvon Martin costume. Others dressed as the teenager who was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in February, 2012.
Is it too soon for me to be Trayvon Martin for Halloween? Really don’t wanna buy a costume..
I really want to be Trayvon Martin for Halloween.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏