1. Family members who lost loved ones in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 gathered at the World Trade Center memorial this morning for a commemorative ceremony.
3. The first moment of silence at 9:03 a.m., the time the second World Trade Center was hit.
4. And the second moment of silence at 9:59 a.m. commemorated the time the South Tower fell.
5. Members of New York Fire Company No. 10 observed a moment of silence at 10:28 a.m., the time the second tower fell.
7. Crowds gathered around the reflective pools to find the names of their lost loved ones.
The reflective pools sit within the footprints where the World Trade Centers once stood; they are the largest manmade waterfalls in North America.
8. The names of every person who perished in the terrorist attacks of 2001 and 1993 are inscribed into the edge of the pools.
9. Honoring a lost loved one.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.