1. Family members who lost loved ones in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 gathered at the World Trade Center memorial this morning for a commemorative ceremony.
2. The names of those who perished were read at 8:46 a.m.
3. The first moment of silence at 9:03 a.m., the time the second World Trade Center was hit.
4. And the second moment of silence at 9:59 a.m. commemorated the time the South Tower fell.
5. Members of New York Fire Company No. 10 observed a moment of silence at 10:28 a.m., the time the second tower fell.
6. "The Other Twin Towers of New York"
7. Crowds gathered around the reflective pools to find the names of their lost loved ones.
8. The names of every person who perished in the terrorist attacks of 2001 and 1993 are inscribed into the edge of the pools.
9. Honoring a lost loved one.
Contact Ali Vingiano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael Hayes is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Mike Hayes at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.