1. You get mistaken for Irish. A lot.
2. Everyone will attempt to impersonate your accent.
3. They love sport and are very, very good at it.
4. Seeing Irn-Bru in a supermarket is cause for celebration.
5. You freak out when you meet another Scottish person.
6. They have different fish and chips here, and that's OK.
7. The weather is maybe more extreme than Scotland's.
8. You become more patriotic than you ever thought possible.
9. Realise that other places might rival Scotland's scenery, and accept it.
10. Everyone will ask you about the referendum.
11. You'll have a piece of you that always wants to go back.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!