1. 1. Salt ‘n’ sauce is the law.
If you ask for anything else on a fish supper, then you will throw the person behind the counter for a temporary loop. Also, ask for Salt ‘n’ sauce in Glasgow, and you’ll end up getting laughed at and have HP sauce all over your chips. Which is embarrassing for all concerned.
6. 6. But Edinburgh in the summer is pure Meadows.
As soon as there is the slightest glimmer of sunlight, you can’t get a portable barbecue in Sainsbury’s for love nor money. And all you have to go on for finding your pals is, “It’s this far from middle meadow walk.” And no, nobody remembers that Mario thing either.
10. 10. The Street Party is extremely overrated.
It doesn’t do anything that a flat party, a good few whiskeys, and a few bottles of Buckie can’t do better.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.