1. Cut shapes out of contact paper and stick them on your side table to give it a modern look.
2. Add brass corners ($9 for a set of eight from Amazon) to a coffee table.
3. Put leather pulls on your dresser.
4. Use adhesive-backed wooden strips, called StikWood, to upgrade a headboard.
5. Just paint the outside.
Leave the drawers unpainted for a cool contrast. Learn more about it here.
6. Or you can paint the bottom.
Get more info here.
7. Spray paint it gold.
The ultimate IKEA hack: Gilding the Vittsjo shelf ($80).
8. Or silver.
9. And don't forget about spray painting hardware.
10. And yes, you can even spray paint cushions.
11. If you want a quick transformation, replace furniture legs.
12. This bookshelf was turned on its side before the legs were attached to make a mid-century console.
13. If you don't want to break a sweat adding legs, you can just prop it up.
14. Cover a table with marble contact paper.
15. Or you can use a pretty wallpaper.
16. You can use wallpaper to upgrade an old chair, too.
17. Paint on colorful splotches.
Get directions here.