4. For a quick Moaning Myrtle costume, get a cheap toilet seat and some glasses.
Cheap toilet seats tend to be super lightweight, which is bad if you’re sitting on them but great if you’re wearing them around your neck. Put your hair in pigtails and draw on some tears with eyeliner to really rock the look. Learn more about it here.
7. To get this look from The Shining, all you need is foam core and a toy axe.
To make the “door” look realistic, either use a damp tea bag to create a distressed wood effect or apply woodgrain contact paper to the foam core before cutting. Go thrifting for a red jacket and you’re all set. Get more info here.
9. To become R2-D2, you need a white dress, markers, colored tape, and a bicycle helmet.
11. Poke white pipe cleaners into green sweats to make a super cozy cactus costume.
Use your fingers to strip off about half of the pipe cleaner fluff before pushing the bare end into your fabric. Knot the wire end to keep it in place and prevent it from stabbing you. You can also take this process and use it to create other spiky costumes like, say, a porcupine. Go here.
Cheap, baller costumes FTW!
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.