1. Chicago-based spa Mud is offering a new ingredient in their facials: Breast milk.
“I got the idea from my pregnant girlfriends who started to learn a lot about breast milk from mommy blogs,” Mud president Shama Patel tells BuzzFeed Life of the $50 treatment. “A lot of women use breast milk to calm irritations and heal small cuts on their children’s skin—and their own.”
3. The milk comes from donors who eat organic and are mostly vegan.
“The breast milk is dropped off fresh,” says Patel. The facial bar went through a breast milk bank to find liberal donors (since some donors specify that they want their milk used for infants only).
4. That being said, there aren’t any studies that prove breast milk facials work.
“There’s nothing inherent about breast milk that’s either stronger or superior to cow’s milk when it comes to inflammation,” dermatologist Dr. David E. Bank, director of The Center for Dermatology, Cosmetic & Laser Surgery, tells BuzzFeed Life. “With using breast milk, which is unpasteurized, you run the risk of contamination with bacteria that can block your pores.”
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."