1. Meet Danielle Eden and Rob Scheinberg, a married couple who founded Dog Tales rescue shelter in King City, Canada.
Opened in 2014, the shelter focuses on rehabilitating elderly, abused, and disabled dogs that are usually the last to find homes. The facility is located on 50 acres and features walking trails, large fenced-in paddocks, and therapy pools for the dogs. The dogs are also walked eight times a day.
2. Rob and Danielle visit shelters all over the world to save dogs in need.
“Danielle and Rob have four dogs of their own who they found on the street in Israel,” Clare Forndran, Dog Tales’ media specialist, told BuzzFeed. “Since they’re both from Israel, they love rescuing dogs from this place that holds significance for them.”
3. But in January, Danielle visited one shelter in Israel that brought her to tears.
“When Danielle visits other shelters, she’ll usually make a list of 10 to 20 dogs with serious medical needs and she’ll bring them back to Dog Tales where we can care for them,” Forndran said. “But this situation was different.”
6. After the paperwork was signed, Danielle flew 25 dogs who were fit to travel back to Canada.
“She immediately brought in vets as the dogs were in need of urgent medical care,” Forndran said. She also hired a crew to clean up the shelter and put the dogs on healthy diets. Shortly thereafter, 90 dogs were relocated within Israel to shelters that Danielle has worked with in the past where the dogs will be properly cared for and have the best chance at adoption.
11. Watch the video of their rescue here:
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.