28 Products With Before-And-Afters That’ll Impress And Disgust You All At The Same Time
You've been warned by the title.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A speedy oven cleaner because the place you cook all your grub should probs be thoroughly cleaned every once in a while. Remove all those baked-on bits with absolute ease.
If your oven is in need of a REALLY INTENSE clean, then let the product sit on a bit longer before cleaning.
Promising review: "So I usually don't write reviews too often but OMG. My oven had SO MUCH BUILDUP on it and almost everywhere: burnt on oil, foods, dust was sitting for nearly 15 years!! After seeing so many reviews of this product and seeing the product in almost every BuzzFeed post, I knew this was the product to buy. I love that it smells like lemon cause it masks the harsh chemicals! Which by the way, are really harsh. Please be careful using this around kids and animals and carefully follow the instructions! But after liberally spraying this ALL OVER my oven (door, bottom, top, sides, even the hefty, blackened oven rack) I let it sit overnight like the instructions said and the next day, when I wiped EVERYTHING CAME OFF SO EASILY!! It was so so satisfying and you can see it working as soon as you spray it on. I got so excited and showed everyone our new, sparkling oven! Must buy!" —Mariam
Get it from Amazon for $6.88.
2. A nose waxing kit so you can yank all those hairs out in one swift pull as opposed to the painful alternative...plucking.
3. A pumice cleaning stone that'll effectively remove rust and calcium streaks that have clung to your toilet bowl for far too long. It's nontoxic and won't ruin your porcelain throne.
Promising review: "I’m doing a happy dance right now! My toilets have had mineral rings in the bowls from well water since we bought our house five years ago. During those five years, I have purchased NUMEROUS products to try to remove the rings. Every single one failed. I had come to terms with the idea that if I wanted pristine looking crappers, I was going to need to replace them. Three of them. Ugh! I ordered the pumice cleaning stone as a last-ditch attempt. Received it today, and immediately went to town. My extreme enthusiasm for scrubbing johns was actually a bit odd, but I was feeling optimistic. Turns out I had reason to. THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING!!! SO amazing, it actually inspired me to take a picture of my TOILET!!!! My hoppers are saved!!!!! Seriously, the rings are COMPLETELY GONE. If I could give 10 stars, I would." —Sassyscribbler
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
4. A pack of sticky traps to pop in your house plants and banish pesky bugs 4ever. But seriously, look at ALL THOSE BUGS. *eeeeek*
Promising review: "I was having an issue with the fungus gnats inside and outside of my house. They were driving me crazy, flying in my face and I couldn't take it anymore. I ordered these traps and they worked instantly! I placed the stakes and traps in my orchids (which I keep in the kitchen) and then placed some in my mini garden outside. Both traps caught more than I expected and are still catching more. It caught not only the fungus gnats but all kinds of large and small flies and moths! Totally worth the buy and will be buying more when I run out." —Sami H.
Get a pack of seven traps from Amazon for $6.99.
5. A drain clog remover that's grossly satisfying to use on your backed-up shower drain. All that hair that'll come slithering out — big yuck, BUT, your shower will drain faster now!
Promising review: "When I pulled the orange plastic spiked strip from the package, I was immediately skeptical and felt like all those 5-star reviews were from people who exist in an alternate universe. I was tempted to initiate a return on Amazon but decided that I might as well gamble on a piece of $9 plastic before gambling $200 on a plumber. I slipped the plastic strip down my shower drain and literally FIVE SECONDS LATER I was pulling up gobs and gobs and gobs of hair. HOLY COW!!!!!!!! OHMYGOSH. I can't believe I still have any hair left on my head. SO MUCH REPULSIVE GUNK!!!! I saved my prize hairball on the shower floor to show my husband because I knew he would be as skeptical as I was. We both agree it looks like a small raccoon or a large squirrel lying helplessly on my shower floor. It's a grisly, messy, smelly, and oh so rewarding job." —Chocolate and Chips
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $8.98.
6. A leather cleaner and conditioner since your car interior could use a full-on resurrection. Time to ~finally~ remove that old ketchup stain that's been overstaying its welcome on your passenger seat.
7. A denture cleaner — perfect to get them looking AND smelling fresh (this works on retainers too)! I don't even wanna TALK about that picture on the right...
These fizzing tablets will blast away odor-causing bacteria, discoloration, and plaque from your Invisalign, retainers, dentures, night guards, and more.
Promising review: "Cleaned my retainer I haven't worn in about seven or eight years. So I bought this for my top retainer to clean it up, but I also decided to test how good it was so I used my nasty old bottom retainer I haven't touched since high school and this was the result. Great product." —Rami B
Get 96 tablets from Amazon for $15.99.
8. A foot file you'll want to go to town on your heels with so you can finally feel like you're walking on clouds and not rough gravel. Why shouldn't you have feet as smooth as butter?
Promising review: "I'm not one to talk about my feet. I've had circulation problems for years that are just now resolving and that has lead to deep callouses on the heel of both feet. I bought this on a whim as I have tried other products in the past with no luck. Twenty minutes later I'm touching baby-smooth skin where there used to be deep cracks and rough, broken skin. This thing is a miracle worker and if I could rate it 10 stars I would." —Gully176
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
9. Or this callus removing gel that'll assist in removing your dead skin more efficiently after applying a thick layer of it to your calluses. It has over 23,800+ 5-star reviews!
10. Lanolips 101 Ointment Superbalm to rejuvenate chapped lips — aka a MUST in these colder months. Apply this balm wherever else you need some extra moisture as well (cuticles, skin, etc.).
11. An earwax removal kit that's def more effective than using a Q-tip to try to remove a wad of pent-up wax from your ear canal. This lil' tool will provide sweet, sweet relief.
Promising review: "After messing around with a cotton swab in my left ear (never do this), I managed to fully block all hearing in it. I ran around like a headless chicken for about 24 hours because the pressure in the ear was so intense. One treatment of Debrox and the blockage immediately subsided. Trick is to let it sit in the ear for at least five minutes. Drain the ear, wait another five minutes, then irrigate with the bulb and warm water, never cold. Seldom does a remedy work as advertised; this one does!" —Chazmax1
Get it from Amazon for $3.99.
12. A stainless-steel tongue scraper for an extra-deep clean because sometimes a toothbrush just won't cut it. Use this post–teeth brushing to rid away coffee breath.
Promising review: "I was a little unsure what to expect. I had never used something like this before, but my girlfriend says my breath stinks and she deserves better than that. I brush and floss, but there is still that 'thing'...that stank under the normal mouth breath. Using this has removed that. Not really sure how it works or why that layer of spit and stuff on your tongue has to smell so bad, but this removes it well and also feels kinda nice. Thank you!" —nick
Get two from Amazon for $6.99.
13. An acne patch to assist in ridding your skin of pesky breakouts that decided to show up the day before a big event (the WORST). Slap one of these bbs on and when you peel it off the next morning, you'll be amazed at what was extracted from your skin.
Promising review: This really works. Even though it doesn't completely prevent my cystic acne, it definitely does help reduce the swelling and make the cysts go away much faster. So easy to use and they stay on all night or all day; they don't slip off like other brands. I've purchased so many times and I will continue to do so. Nothing else I've tried works as well at treating acne, especially cysts deep under the skin, as this does!" —Kelly Dixon
Our in-depth review of Avarelle's acne patches gets into the nitty-gritty — why they work, how to use them, and why 31,000+ people can't stop raving about them.
14. An iPhone port cleaner to clean that oval-shaped space of sand, dirt, debris, and whatever else has been living in it since your last tech upgrade. If you're having trouble with your phone charging, odds are it needs a good port cleaning.
Promising review: "You know the deal: You’ve got that one cable that works better than the others. Or the white one with the braiding that if you insert just right it usually works. But the cable in the car needs to be inserted with the phone upside down and shoving it in. This kit fixed my 'broken' iPhone 8 charge port, which required all the above superstitious routines to make charge. I’ve tried every cable I have in every problematic scenario and they all just plug in perfectly fine and the phone starts charging immediately." —AK
Get it from Amazon for $29.95.
15. A jetted tub cleaner since you surely don't want to enjoy a relaxing self-care night at home marinating in a bath filled with gunk. This cleaner will ensure your jets stay clear as crystal.
Promising review: "They don't call this Oh Yuk for no reason. I previously used Jacuzzi's two-part system and this worked sooo much better. I was totally embarrassed not to mention grossed out at how much funk came out. It was NASTY! It definitely cleans your tub. You will probably have to clean the sides of your tub after it's finished because of how much stuff might come out. I swear I clean my tub on a regular basis, but I was amazed at how much better this worked. Highly recommend!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
16. A bug remover to rinse your car hood and windshield of those majorly gross bug guts. You know the massacre that happens when you drive on the highway...scrubbing it off your car is a massive must.
17. A portable Bissell SpotBot so when one of your furry friends decides to drop a deuce on your rug, you can forgo scrubbing stain remover on it and just use this handy fella for a quick cleanup.
This portable carpet cleaner will spray, brush, and suction up any stain, no adult supervision needed. It also comes with a hose and tool attachment if you'd prefer a more hands-on cleaning session.
Promising review: "I have two cats (ages 16 and 8), one dog, a 5-year-old kid, and several other dogs on occasion (I pet sit and board dogs). I have needed to rent a carpet cleaner at least twice a year since I can remember. No longer! The SpotBot has revolutionized cleaning in our household. It is ridiculously easy and fast! The best part is that I barely have to touch anything gross anymore. I always pick up the larger chunks first, but I let the SpotBot do the rest and all I have to do is follow it up with a good dump and rinse. A single spot takes less than five minutes to clean depending on the setting used and your competency (again, super easy to set up and use). I've had good experience on the stairs and the upholstery using the wand as well." —Rainbow Chicken
Get it from Amazon for $179.99.