We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A dishwashing spray because not everyone has the luxury of a dishwasher and a few spritzes of this cleaner will make scrubbing even the toughest baked-on grease off your plates superrrrr easy. Expecting to host lots of guests this winter? Get this spray.
My co-worker Elizabeth Lilly uses this product:
"I live in an apartment without a dishwasher, and I honestly use that as an excuse to order takeout food instead of cooking. But, as soon as I got my hands on a bottle of this stuff (regular Dawn is my go-to dish soap, BTW), I put it to use on both a saucepan I used to make homemade enchilada sauce *and* the casserole dish I baked those enchiladas, which had a ton of caked-on food. It really does work like I say it does! Like, scary well."
Get a bottle and three refills from Amazon for $23.09.
2. A pack of Affresh washing machine cleaning tablets for keeping the machine that washes your clothes squeaky clean. With all the kiddos home for the holidays, odds are there'll be more loads of laundry than normal.
Promising review: "I saw this on TikTok and had to give it a try. It’s very easy. I just throw it in there and throw on the self cleaning mode for my washer. My washer was musty beforehand and came out with no smell at all. It freshened up the drum. Since I used it, my clothes have smelled stronger of my detergent. I also purchased the dishwasher tabs as well and they work very well too. Definitely worth giving it a try." —Adamsp17
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $11.98.
3. Melamine cleaning sponges that only need water to work. These sponges can tackle a ton of different surfaces and places like your bathroom, walls, living room, doors, and more. You'll especially want to own these if you'll have a house full of dogs scuffing up your walls and doors this winter.
All you gotta do is wet and swipe!
Promising review: "I own a cleaning business and have spent a small fortune on the name brand. I clean everything from condo rentals to long term lease/residential rentals and I have had to clean unimaginable NASTY, I mean 'pics or it didn't happen' kind of nasty and these cut right through it. They work just as well as the name brand, if not better, and they seem to last a little longer!" —Keisha Marie
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $11.95.
4. And an internet-beloved pet urine stain–removing spray because a sprinkle of tinkle on the carpet is a big old no-no. This magic in a bottle just has to sit on the stained spot for a bit, and can then be blotted up with paper towels. Just in case Spot doesn't love going pee pee outside in the snow and sometimes ends up doing it in the house #oops.
Rocco & Roxie is is a family-owned small business that sells all sorts of great pet products like collars and leashes, shampoos, and small-batch treats!
Promising review: "I'm not going to lie, this stuff is significantly more expensive than most other available carpet sprays. You could probably buy four or five bottles of Febreze for the cost of this stuff, but the competition won't work nearly as well as Rocco & Roxie. This stuff is AMAZING." —Brian
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
5. Or Bissell Stomp & Go Cleaning Pads if Baxter peed on the tree skirt AGAIN and it may have been a few hours since you noticed... These work fab on old stains and any messes that weren't completely picked up initially by your stain-removing spray.
Promising reviews: "These things saved me from replacing my entire upstairs carpet! We had already replaced one section before finding these and were worried we’d have to replace another section at a cost of $3,000. Stomp and leave it for 24 hours, and I was amazed to see my carpet was its original light cream color. I now stock a box of these and have told every one of my pet-owning friends about them. I’ll never spend hours scrubbing the floor or carpet shampooing again!" —findingk8
Get a 20-pack from Amazon for $27.49.
6. A garbage disposal foaming cleaner to refresh the drain — aka the place you pour all your leftovers that don't make it into the actual trash. You'll wanna use this post family gatherings.
Promising reviews: "Another 'TikTok made me buy it' product. My disposal has been backing up bad for some time and I’ve tried numerous products. This product was easy to use and took five minutes total from start to finish. My disposal is already running 100% quieter and not backing up nearly as bad after only one time. I will definitely be using this regularly!" —OkieGal
"It seems counterintuitive to put a little packet down your garbage disposal to clean it, but this does actually seem to work, at least for getting out weird smells that baking soda and vinegar don't really touch. I scrub the sink down first, especially around the garbage disposal area, rinse it down, and then just follow the directions on the package. I have used it with single, large-size sinks and with double sinks — only difference is that the double sink will have blue cleaning foam rise up the drain, which you rinse away when the disposal sounds clear again. I have tried the foaming cleaner in a can, but unfortunately it stopped coming out of the can about 10% of the way through. Went back to this tried-and-true." —KS
Get a pack (four uses) from Amazon for $5.12.
7. A jar of The Pink Stuff that's an absolute cleaning superhero and can tackle scuffs, stains, grime, hard water stains, and baked on rust and grease on your coveted cookware. If you want one easy, practical, do-it-all product — this is it.
Promising reviews: "It works on every surface of my house! Winter/spring cleaning must have!!!" —Melissa Breedlove
"Now, I don't necessarily want people knowing my secret. But, 'Batman, I found the holy grail!' Nope, not kidding! This stuff is amazing! I scrubbed with cleaners galore, including bleach, and nothing could hold a candle to this magic in a bottle. With a little elbow grease, all stains were magically erased and never to be heard from or seen again! I never thought that I would get so excited about a cleaning product but there you have it folks, my mind has been officially blown and I will never be the same again. I would like to thank the person that made this product and applaud their ingenuity. You have changed my life forever." —Star
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
8. A FURemover rubber broom for getting every last piece of pet hair out of your carpet. Just because it's a winter wonderland outside, doesn't mean it should be a winter wonderland (of fur) inside...
The broom is made with 100% natural rubber that attracts hair. It can be used on carpets, rugs, hardwood, and linoleum.
Promising review: "I saw this on TikTok and thought it was worth a shot. I have two dogs and a cat. Being one with a dust and dander allergy, I have to vacuum often, but the vacuum can’t always get in deep enough. This actually works, and I was shocked at how well it does. I brush the carpet a few times and vacuum it up and the carpet even looks better!! I highly recommend this to everyone — especially pet owners." —Theo Ackerman
Get it from Amazon for $18.60.
9. And a pet hair remover to use on your upholstered furniture. Velvet couch looking like it's covered in shag? Time to start rollin'.
Promising review: "I am allergic to cats, so here I am with two cats that shed a ton. Their hair is covering all the furniture. I have special pet covers on my bed to protect my comforter but I hate having to sleep under it since my cats sleep on my bed. I have tried so many cat hair remover brushes, gloves, sponges that never worked. I was ready to shave the cats and call it a day. Then along comes the ChomChom brush. It not only has the lint roller but a bar that collects the hair. I love the little hairball container of the roller so I don't have to spend time cleaning off the lint brush. I can't believe this product works! I have an off-white couch and I didn't realize how much hair there was. After I used it, my couch looked lighter in color. I got my comforter cleaned off in minutes. It's a simple and inexpensive way to cure your pet hair woes." —Dondi
Get it from Amazon for $28.95.
10. A plant-powered stain remover that can tackle even the toughest of stains and odors with a spritz on the spot and then a cycle through the wash. It works on colored fabrics and can tackle coffee stains, sauce stains, and stains from that special mulled wine you'll be drinking well into December.
Puracy is a Texas-based, family-owned small business specializing in plant-based, chemical-free, hypoallergenic home products. With each purchase, they make a donation to local families in need.
Promising review: "For whatever reason, I am ALWAYS spilling things on my shirts and I cook every night (sometimes I remember the apron, sometimes I don't). My clothes are a mess by the end of the day. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I have tried EVERYTHING there is to remove stains and this is the absolute BEST thing out there. (There is simply not a major stain remover that I have not tried.) The only thing close is a long pre-soak (I mean like six hours) in OxiClean. With Puracy, you get the best result by doing it well in advance, but for me that is another plus because I would far rather spray them when I put them in the hamper than do it all at once just before I do the laundry. It seems to get everything out and I've never had any trouble with damaged fabric. I don't really review very much, but this is seriously outstanding." —NYC Buyer
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in three sizes).
11. A Wet & Forget shower cleaner to tackle the gunk and stains that have been overstaying their welcome in your tub or shower. Spray it on, let it sit for a few hours (some reviewers left it on for 24 hours), and then rinse or wipe it clean! Time to get your home (and yes, your bathroom) prepped for visitors.
Promising review: "I have been having shower draining issues so there was a buildup of soap scum in my shower. I have a very weak stomach and cleaning the shower makes me physically ill. I have tried several products that have claimed to be no scrub/wipe but this has been the only one that has worked. I sprayed it after my shower and left it to sit until the next night. Found that A LOT of the grime had disappeared. Now, was it perfect? No. But I think with consistent use it will get there. Highly recommend this product." —KZ
Get it from Amazon for $18.61.
12. And for tougher messes, an all-purpose power scrubber cleaning kit so you can take out grime stuck in shower door tracks, tubs, and sinks. Use the kit's three brushes with a cordless drill to clean different surfaces in your bathroom, kitchen, and garage.
These drill brush attachments work great for baseboards, gutters, counters, and more hard-to-clean surfaces at home.
Drillbrush is a small business started by Anthony LaPolla, who developed carpal tunnel and needed a pain-free way to clean his rims without scrubbing. Today they offer a variety of drill brush attachments and sets to take your cleaning to the next level.
Promising review: "I'm not a lazy person normally, but when it comes to cleaning my bathroom, I can find just about any reason you could think off to do it another time. It got so bad that I went on Amazon looking specifically for a power scrubber. I received this kit and immediately got the cordless drill out. Think power waxing but in the bathroom!" —DJ
Get it from Amazon for $17.95+ (available in a variety of brush stiffnesses).
13. A pack of Elephant Trax labels that you can put on storage bins and boxes and sync to an app so you can keep track of what you have stored inside! These work great for organizing seasonal clothing or even holiday decorations.
Promising review: "I am so glad I ordered an extra pack of these. My goal for January was to organize the basement. I have TONS of plastic bins and whenever I need something, I have to open each to find what I’m looking for. I took a few hours the first weekend cleaning out and organizing everything and the bins. I took pictures of the contents of each bin, put one of these stickers on each bin then associated the pics with the sticker’s QR code and voila, done. IF YOU LIKE TO BE ORGANIZED, GET THESE STICKERS!" —Fred Labro
Get a pack of 40 from Amazon for $9.99+ (also available in larger quantities).
14. A set of cleaning K-Cups since your machine could def use a good reset. These pods make it easy breezy to get a good descaling done — and you'll want to if you intend on having tons of coffee and dessert get-togethers this season.
Promising review: "I bought this product because the needle in my Keurig 2.0 keeps clogging, causing inconsistent brew and taste. These cleaning cups fixed both of my issues, and I especially liked that it was really quick and easy to use. … I put the cleaning pod in and ran one cycle, then took the pod out and ran a rinse cycle to clean out any leftover grinds. FAST, EASY, and GREAT results…VERY HAPPY!!" —Corey West
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $9.95.
15. A can of Bar Keepers Friend cookware polish for keeping your pots and pans free from grease stains and most definitely the baked on gravy bits left over from your turkey feast.
It's great for removing food stains, grease, rust stains, and lime buildup!
Promising review: "I love this product! I recently got new pots and pans that I absolutely love. They're stainless steel and I love the way they look. Unfortunately, I've burnt something on just about all of them, but this really helped to clean them up. I put this powder on the wet pans and use steel wool to scrub out any stains. It's amazing! You don't even have to scrub super hard. Overall, I love this product and it will forever be part of my cleaning routine!" —KARINA
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
16. A compostable bottle scrub brush to make scrubbing out water bottles and baby bottles less of a struggle. They have *just stiff enough* bristles that will scrub super well but won't damage your drinking vessel. If Aunt Becky is bringing her new bébé over, she'll be thoroughly impressed when you have one of these for her to use.
Me Mother Earth is a Nevada-based, family-owned Etsy shop established in 2019 that specializes in eco-friendly housewares and cleaning products.
Promising review: "Great brush! It cleaned out the stains in my travel coffee mug instantly! So nice for reaching small and hard-to-reach areas of cups, flower vases, etc." —Talia Head
17. An all-purpose cleaner concentrate made with an essential oil blend and no harsh chemicals that you can use in a ton of places in your home like the bathroom and the kitchen. And you can keep buying refills once you run out. All you'll need is a reusable spray bottle you can continue to replenish with this good-smelling cleaner.
Humble Suds is a Denver-based shop that sells plant- and mineral-derived cleaning products.
Promising review: "I just received my order. I’m so thrilled to find alternatives to chemical cleaners. And these smell FANTABULOUS!!! Even drinkable, though I won’t of course. I’ve already been going around the kitchen and bathroom spraying things to wipe down. Mmmm! Thank you for these super safe and super refreshing cleaners." —Sandy Grugan
18. An Angry Mama steamer to do your microwave cleaning sesh for you. Fill her up with vinegar, water, and lemon juice, and then pop her in the microwave to get to work. If you're a self-proclaimed "leftover connoisseur" and rely heavily on your microwave, we bet it's time to give it a good clean.
Promising review: "LOVE this purchase!! My disgusting roommates destroyed our microwave; it was filthy. They would’ve never cleaned it since they’re slobs but this purchase saved me SO much time. All the food came off very easily and it looked brand new after! Amazing, wish I could give it 10 stars." —Marissa
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in four styles).
19. An all-natural oven scrub for your oven that's very dirty and a pain to tidy up. Pumice stone and essential oils help remove grime from oven racks and the interior glass panel of your oven door. You'll be glad that pumpkin pie goo from three weeks ago is finally gone with a quick and seamless cleaning session.
Apply the scrub to dirty oven surfaces, scour each area with a metallic or scoring sponge, then wipe with a damp microfiber cloth, that's it!
Everneat is a small business based in Fairfield, Connecticut, that sells natural cleaning essentials.
Promising review: "Finally tackled the rings on our stove top with this scrub and a reusable paper towel (as I was worried about using a scourer on an easily scratched surface) and the rings came right off! These are those 'oh crap, the pot boiled over' rings that I ignored that lead to my stove top looking a bit crusty. The oven scrub ate them right off and left my oven and stove top looking great." —Jessie Bono