3. The cats are popular with tourists and locals alike. The internet is full of pictures of them.
4. But one man, Mustafa Efe, has taken his love of the street cats to another level.
Efe, who is Imam at the Aziz Mahmud Hüdayi Mosque in the historical district of Üsküdar, lets stray cats live in the building to keep warm during the cold winter months.
6. The cat-loving Imam even shared this video of a cat carrying her kittens into the mosque.
According to the Daily Sabah, Efe described the feline family as “our mosque’s Friday guests.”
9. Others have also shared pictures of the cats at the mosque.
11. The Imam has gained a fan following on social media for his kindness.
BuzzFeed News has reached out to Mustafa Efe for comment.
- The CIA reportedly believes Russia used hacks to help get Donald Trump elected.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗