3. The cats are popular with tourists and locals alike. The internet is full of pictures of them.
4. But one man, Mustafa Efe, has taken his love of the street cats to another level.
Efe, who is Imam at the Aziz Mahmud Hüdayi Mosque in the historical district of Üsküdar, lets stray cats live in the building to keep warm during the cold winter months.
6. The cat-loving Imam even shared this video of a cat carrying her kittens into the mosque.
According to the Daily Sabah, Efe described the feline family as “our mosque’s Friday guests.”
9. Others have also shared pictures of the cats at the mosque.
11. The Imam has gained a fan following on social media for his kindness.
BuzzFeed News has reached out to Mustafa Efe for comment.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝