1. This is a bandicoot. They are native to Australia and they are ~pretty~ cute.
2. They are also the inspiration behind this character.
This is Crash Bandicoot in case you forgot.
3. Bandicoots don’t often make the news.
This could be because they are endangered and aren’t spotted in the wild that often.
4. Until now. In Western Australia, a baby bandicoot (known as a joey) was spotted sleeping among a nest of ducklings.
5. Yes, so cute!
6. Wayne Cuthbert said he took the photos on his neighbour Rex’s property.
“I’d never seen a baby bandicoot before. It was just amazing, the mother duck wasn’t bothered at all. She gathered them all up underneath her,” he told BuzzFeed News.
8. Rex told the Mandurah Mail he first spotted the baby bandicoot nestled under the duck when he was checking on her eggs.
He said once the eggs hatched he thought the bandicoot would leave, but it didn’t. “It’s been there for five days now.”
10. Rex told the Mail even though he’d never seen a baby bandicoot sleep with ducks he wasn’t surprised by it.
“I’ve seen a lot of strange things in nature over my time,” he said.
“I’ve seen a kangaroo fornicate with an emu; I’ve seen an eagle fly down and pick up a snake then drop it and then fly back down to get it.”
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞