1. This is a bandicoot. They are native to Australia and they are ~pretty~ cute.
2. They are also the inspiration behind this character.
This is Crash Bandicoot in case you forgot.
3. Bandicoots don’t often make the news.
This could be because they are endangered and aren’t spotted in the wild that often.
4. Until now. In Western Australia, a baby bandicoot (known as a joey) was spotted sleeping among a nest of ducklings.
5. Yes, so cute!
6. Wayne Cuthbert said he took the photos on his neighbour Rex’s property.
“I’d never seen a baby bandicoot before. It was just amazing, the mother duck wasn’t bothered at all. She gathered them all up underneath her,” he told BuzzFeed News.
8. Rex told the Mandurah Mail he first spotted the baby bandicoot nestled under the duck when he was checking on her eggs.
He said once the eggs hatched he thought the bandicoot would leave, but it didn’t. “It’s been there for five days now.”
10. Rex told the Mail even though he’d never seen a baby bandicoot sleep with ducks he wasn’t surprised by it.
“I’ve seen a lot of strange things in nature over my time,” he said.
“I’ve seen a kangaroo fornicate with an emu; I’ve seen an eagle fly down and pick up a snake then drop it and then fly back down to get it.”
- The CIA reportedly believes Russia used hacks to help get Donald Trump elected.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗