A few weeks ago former Australian prime minister Tony Abbott decided that sport and politics shouldn't mix because sport is sport, guys! And Macklemore is a rapper!
1. Prime minister Malcolm Turnbull was at the G on the Saturday, where he backed Richmond Tigers by five points in the AFL. They won by 48.
2. Labor leader Bill Shorten was sitting in front of AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan on the Saturday, cheering for the Tigers.
3. Greens leader Richard Di Natale was throwing back beers and cheering on the Tigers at the AFL.
He was also spotted in Tigerland wearing a scarf he knitted aged 12!
4. Foreign minister Julie Bishop attended her fourth AFL grand final in a row where she was a VIP guest of the AFL Commission.
5. Crows fan and education minister Simon Birmingham went to the AFL grand final as a guest of the Seven Network.
6. Communications minister Mitch Fifield went to the AFL grand final as a guest of the AFL Commission.
7. Minister Kelly O'Dwyer and her husband were at the AFL, and she has already claimed her attendance as a guest of the Seven Network. She didn't post any pic tho, just this emoji tweet.
8. Melbourne Liberal MP Tim Wilson cheered on the Tigers care of two free tickets from the National Australia Bank (NAB).
9. Ballarat Labor MP Catherine King also went to the AFL grand final as a guest of the Victorian Employee Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
10. Labor member for Gellibrand Tim Watts took his mum to the AFL grand final courtesy of Foxtel.
11. Nationals Victorian senator Bridget McKenzie was on board the Tiger train at the AFL, telling her Facebook page she loved the pre-game entertainment by The Killers.
Turnbull was back at it the following day, holding a beer in a fancy glass and backing the North Queensland Cowboys by 4 at the NRL grand final. They lost.
The opposition leader also rocked up at ANZ stadium with his son on the Sunday night to congratulate the Melbourne Storm on their NRL grand final win.
12. Townsville Labor MP Cathy O'Toole flew down to Sydney for the NRL grand final.
13. Labor's shadow communications minister Michelle Rowland and her husband went to the NRL as a guest of the Australian Rugby League.
14. Labor MP for Barton Linda Burney also got two tickets to the NRL grand final from the NRL.
15. Liberal MP Jason Falinski was gifted two corporate tickets to the NRL by the NSW Business Council.
Scott Ryan attended an earlier NRL grand final in Melbourne. An earlier version of this story said he attended the final in Sydney.
Alice Workman is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Canberra.
Contact Alice Workman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Josh Taylor is a Senior Reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney.
Contact Josh Taylor at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.