1. You can correctly pronounce Valdez, Knik, Juneau, and Kotzebue.
2. You get irrationally angry when people ask you if Alaska is an island or part of Mexico, Canada, or Russia.
3. You've had to explain repeatedly that you're an American citizen.
4. You sideeye people who use the term 'continuous states'.
5. You're sick and tired of being asked about Sarah Palin and her accent.
6. Driving over permafrost grooves and potholes is strangely comforting.
7. You get overly excited whenever you hear that the Lights are out.
8. National brand commercials fill you with sadness.
9. All you ever wanted to do was get the hell out of Alaska.
10. But in the end, there's no place you'd rather call home.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!