2. Celtic Queen Tilda fronts the new campaign for Chanel’s Métiers d’Art collection.
Shot by Karl Lagerfeld at a grand, old and tapestry-laden chateau, Swinton wears pieces from the label’s “Paris-Edimbourg” Métiers d’Art line. (The show’s title refers to the mix of Parisian chic and chunky tartans.) Chanel presented the high-end collection to the fashion world’s finest last December at Linlithgow Palace in Scotland — paying tribute to the country’s artisan tweed and knitwear industries. It snowed lightly while the show walked, because Karl can control the weather when he so chooses.
On his choice of model, Lagerfeld explained: “Tilda perfectly embodies the Paris-Edimbourg collection… She is of course Scottish, but more than that, she is a modern woman, a timeless icon of elegance.” She’s Tilda Swinton, basically.
8. Chanel also released a series of behind-the-scenes photos from Tilda’s shoot earlier this month:
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏