2. Perry’s custom-designed gown and cape featured, well, it’s obvious what it featured really. (Look closely)
It’s a big, veiny penis — mid-ejaculation. Well-groomed, too.
3. Given the context, the only thing missing is a pearl necklace. Accessorize!
4. Morgan Levy, then a Central St. Martins student, designed the look back in 2011 as part of a collaborative project between Perry and the fashion college.
Since 2004, print students at St. Martins work on “The Grayson Perry Project” as part of their second year’s curriculum. That project involves designing pretty, frilly dresses for days when Grayson dresses up as Claire. Or, you know, dresses covered in pearly faux-semen, as you wish. (Perry then models the dresses at the students’ crit — and buys all the looks he likes.)
Perry first wore the dress back in 2011, to the Louis Vuitton-sponsored opening party of his exhibition The Tomb of the Unknown Craftsmen. Vuitton even commissioned one lucky beader to sew on all those penile crystals.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭