2. Perry’s custom-designed gown and cape featured, well, it’s obvious what it featured really. (Look closely)
It’s a big, veiny penis — mid-ejaculation. Well-groomed, too.
3. Given the context, the only thing missing is a pearl necklace. Accessorize!
4. Morgan Levy, then a Central St. Martins student, designed the look back in 2011 as part of a collaborative project between Perry and the fashion college.
Since 2004, print students at St. Martins work on “The Grayson Perry Project” as part of their second year’s curriculum. That project involves designing pretty, frilly dresses for days when Grayson dresses up as Claire. Or, you know, dresses covered in pearly faux-semen, as you wish. (Perry then models the dresses at the students’ crit — and buys all the looks he likes.)
Perry first wore the dress back in 2011, to the Louis Vuitton-sponsored opening party of his exhibition The Tomb of the Unknown Craftsmen. Vuitton even commissioned one lucky beader to sew on all those penile crystals.
- Iraq's prime minister has ordered the arrest of anti-government protesters who breached Baghdad's fortified "Green Zone" and occupied the parliament building.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸