Last night's official proceedings showed only the top 10 finalists sashaying across the stage in their evening gowns. The remaining 41 contestants — eliminated either by the preliminary judges or after the evening's swimwear competition — popped up all too briefly in the background in a terrible choreographed dance number. (Florence Welch's vocals will never quite be the same.)
Fortunately, all the queens previewed their senior prom finest in the preliminary round of competition, as well as for a special glam gown photoshoot. This means we get to rank ALL FIFTY ONE. And this is significant because — spoiler alert — most of the top 10's looks pale in comparison to the rest.
Note: while some of the contestants wore the same look for both their photoshoot and preliminary showcase, others changed. (Tactics, tactics!) Where one queen wore two different dresses during the pageant's proceedings, we're averaging out the fabulousness.
Also, there's a reason we start the list at #52. It's not a typo, promise.
52. Miss Maine, Ali Clair.
51. Miss Pennsylvania, Jessica Billings. (Top 15)
50. Miss Massachusetts, Sarah Kidd. (Top 15)
49. Miss Illinois, Stacie Juris. (2nd runner-up)
48. Miss Hawaii, Brianna Acosta.
47. Miss Arizona, Rachel Massie.
46. Miss Virginia, Shannon McAnally.
45. Miss Oregon, Gabrielle Neilan. (Miss Congeniality)
44. Miss Alaska, Melissa McKinney.
43. Miss New York, Joanne Nosuchinsky.
42. Miss Utah, Marissa Powell. (3rd runner-up; Miss Photogenic)
41. Miss New Hampshire, Amber Faucher.
40. Miss Missouri, Ellie Holtman.
39. Miss Florida, Michelle Aguilar.
38. Miss Tennessee, Brenna Mader.
37. Miss Nebraska, Ellie Lorenzen.
36. Miss Kansas, Staci Klinginsmith.
35. Miss New Mexico, Kathleen Danzer.
34. Miss Indiana, Emily Hart.
33. Miss Georgia, Brittany Sharp.
32. Miss Nevada, Chelsea Caswell. (Top 10)
31. Miss Wyoming, Courtney Gifford.
30. Miss Idaho, Marissa Wickland.
29. Miss Wisconsin, Chrissy Zamora.
28. Miss Washington, Cassandra Searles.
27. Miss Connecticut, Erin Brady. (Miss USA)
26. Miss Maryland, Kasey Staniszewski.
25. Miss District of Columbia, Jessica Frith.
24. Miss South Carolina, Megan Pinckney. (5th runner-up)
23. Miss Vermont, Sarah Westbrook.
22. Miss Ohio, Kristin Smith. (Top 10)
21. Miss Texas, Ali Nugent. (4th runner-up)
20. Miss California, Mabelynn Capeluj.
19. Miss Iowa, Richelle Orr.
18. Miss Delaware, Rachel Baiocco.
17. Miss Michigan, Jaclyn Schultz.
16. Miss Montana, Kacie West.
15. Miss New Jersey, Libell Duran.
14. Miss North Dakota, Stephanie Erickson.
13. Miss South Dakota, Jessica Albers.
12. Miss Minnesota, Danielle Hooper.
11. Miss North Carolina, Ashley Love-Mills. (Top 10)
10. Miss Rhode Island, Brittany Stenovich.
9. Miss Mississippi, Paromita Mitra.
8. Miss Louisiana, Kristen Girault. (Top 10)
7. Miss Alabama, Mary Margaret McCord. (1st runner-up)
6. Miss Oklahoma, Makenzie Muse.
5. Miss West Virginia, Chelsea Welch. (Top 15)
4. Miss Colorado, Amanda Wiley.
3. Miss Kentucky, Allie Leggett.
2. Miss Arkansas, Hannah Billingsley.
But the best evening gown look by a longshot comes courtesy of...
1. Miss Louisiana's childhood glamour photo.
All photos courtesy of Miss USA 2013.