"Do you prefer 'fashion victim' or 'ensembly challenged'?"
Honorable mention: we don't see either Cher or Dee's outfits in full during the freeway scene, but this knitted skullcap is delightful.
This scene is actually one of the key reasons I've never learned to drive.
And an honorable mention to Miss Geist also, because she's Miss Geist.
37. Look at Cher's surprised expression. It's, like, "how did this look make it into a 'best of' list?"
36. A pivotal moment, the kiss scene, sure... but Cher's sneakers look positively orthopedic.
35. Honestly, pre-makeover Tai's aesthetic just ruins this. She really could be a farmer in those clothes.
34. And huh, here's post-makeover Tai's style ruined in turn by Josh's blind dive into a laundry basket.
33. Oh look, here's another uninspiring shift dress with a high, high-waisted bow detail.
32. Here's some amazing workout wear, for example.
31. Except, oh wait, here's some even more amazing workout wear.
30. Sarah Michelle Gellar did this look better in Cruel Intentions. And Kathryn Merteuil would have worn this without the white tank top, mind you.
29. Cher certainly loves a good sheer blouse. The seductive power of layering, that's what it is.
28. In fact, let's briefly acknowledge Tai's edgy warehouse party look on its own.
Thrice the awk. Enjoy!
27. So let's all make an effort and be happy for Tai, this once. Even though her shoes are horrid.
26. Leopard print!
25. Comfy pajamas!
23. Cher would have surely donated this fine Italian outfit to Lucy following her date night with Christian.
22. Anyway, it's time to start celebrate those floaty, fluffy feather moments.
21. Here's some more fluff, which I think Cher actually has craftily stuck onto an otherwise bland knitted cardigan.
20. Here's one Tai look that's actually coherently composed, if not necessarily outright "good."
19. Because here's Cher in a much better plaid ensemble. (And there's more plaid to come, still) . Also, here's Amber wearing a swan years before Bjork.
18. A maroon velour two piece and knee-high white socks — just wonderful. Dee is quite the stylista, which obviously isn't a real word and thus something Valley Girls would say.
17. And anyone with the cojones to wear a bright red pleather mini skirt in the daytime deserves kudos.
16. From pleather to leather: Cher paired her leather mini with another sheer blouse.
15. Oh yes, it's time for the Alaia. He is, after all, a "totally important designer."
I think we all feel Cher's pain in this moment.
14. Recreate this look for yourself by spraying whipped cream out of a can down your shirt. It'll only last for a minute, but then you have a good excuse to eat the whipped cream.
13. The Kim Kardashian couch meme: Dionne did it first (though, sensibly, in a rave-worthy blouse.)
12. Perhaps the most iconic pair of Clueless outfits, this carefully coordinated explosion of plaid is a sight to behold. Definitely one of the movie's best wardrobe moments.
11. But an even better sight to behold lies within: Dee's take on church hat couture.
10. Clueless, in fact, features a number of stunning hats. Like these.
9. And these, perhaps the pinnacle of hats.
8. But, in fact, all of the best Clueless looks come courtesy of one Amber Mariens.
Don't hate, ladies, celebrate.
7. Even when she's "borrowing" ideas from Cher, she's doing so with style.
6. Her commitment to any given outfit's theme is highly commendable. Don't you want to ask her for a packet of peanuts?
5. And even when part of a large, stylish group, her oh-so-chic accessories stand out.
Now, you see, these are reading glasses. Reading is fundamental. (So fundamental you get this GIF x3.)