1. Supermodel Karolina Kurkova stepped out for a stroll around New York’s West Village on Friday wearing a dress featuring an all-over assault weapon print.
2. Her husband Archie Drury (wisely) didn’t wear anything emblazoned with pictures of guns, so they didn’t match.
3. The dress, by Israeli designer Nili Lotan, was made in 2006.
Lotan spoke with the Daily News, explaining that its original design “was against war [in light of Israeli-Lebanese conflict specifically] and not anything to do with the personal use of guns.” She added that she wouldn’t be repeating the print in any of her current work, as “today it would provoke the wrong impression.” (Emphasis mine.)
5. A large number of her Facebook fans seemed to agree, whether out of principle or star-struck sycophancy.
8. But there were a few vocal critics. This is social media after all.
Don’t hold back there.
10. Most of all though, people used the post as an opportunity to hit on her.
11. And, well, just to check she’s well-nourished.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲