1. Female soldiers patrolled North Korean banks of the Yalu River today in new pairs of black high heels, for reasons as yet unknown.
2. Really, go ahead, guess Kim Jong-un’s logic.
The change in uniform appears to encompass two styles: chunky platform heels featuring a bold gold buckle — see: soldier on the far right — or a perhaps more-comfy gradient wedge — see: second from the right. The heels represent a big change from the utilitarian footwear displayed in previous army drills and marches.
4. Their male counterparts remained in regular combat boots.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.