1. Female soldiers patrolled North Korean banks of the Yalu River today in new pairs of black high heels, for reasons as yet unknown.
2. Really, go ahead, guess Kim Jong-un’s logic.
The change in uniform appears to encompass two styles: chunky platform heels featuring a bold gold buckle — see: soldier on the far right — or a perhaps more-comfy gradient wedge — see: second from the right. The heels represent a big change from the utilitarian footwear displayed in previous army drills and marches.
4. Their male counterparts remained in regular combat boots.
- International corporations that want to intimidate countries have access to a private legal system designed just for them. And to unlock its power, sometimes all it takes is a threat.
- Donald Trump's campaign CEO Stephen Bannon and an associate were accused of sexual harassment in a 1990s court case.
- And Apple has to repay up to €13 billion ($14.5 billion) in illegal tax benefits to Ireland, the European Commission has ruled.