1. Female soldiers patrolled North Korean banks of the Yalu River today in new pairs of black high heels, for reasons as yet unknown.
2. Really, go ahead, guess Kim Jong-un’s logic.
The change in uniform appears to encompass two styles: chunky platform heels featuring a bold gold buckle — see: soldier on the far right — or a perhaps more-comfy gradient wedge — see: second from the right. The heels represent a big change from the utilitarian footwear displayed in previous army drills and marches.
4. Their male counterparts remained in regular combat boots.
- The Democratic National Committee on Monday apologized for remarks sent over email criticizing the Bernie Sanders campaign 🇺🇸
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.