3. Incidentally, in the accompanying interview Kate says she “felt terrible” for a whole month after her first Sports Illustrated cover. She also discusses the significance of the cross tattooed on her finger:
I was at a photo shoot and I was wearing a cross necklace that my mom bought me, and somebody made a joke like, ‘Why are you wearing a cross? Like you would be religious.’ And then they took [my necklace] away. I was really affected by that. The whole thing made me realize that I do want [a cross] with me, at all times.
4. Don’t call her a dumb blonde either. Because there’s a book in this photo.
Ok no, not because of the book. Kate explains to Elle thusly, “people deal with models like they are children. They think they can pull one over on you. It’s actually funny. I’m always like, I’m about to pull something on you, and you’re so focused on thinking I’m dumb you’re not even going to know.”
7. Sultry Upton in a pine-walled bathroom.
8. Twice the Upton! Walking up some stairs…sultrily.
9. And four times the Upton!
And thus four times the sultry.
10. It’s almost too much to handle.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."