3. Incidentally, in the accompanying interview Kate says she “felt terrible” for a whole month after her first Sports Illustrated cover. She also discusses the significance of the cross tattooed on her finger:
I was at a photo shoot and I was wearing a cross necklace that my mom bought me, and somebody made a joke like, ‘Why are you wearing a cross? Like you would be religious.’ And then they took [my necklace] away. I was really affected by that. The whole thing made me realize that I do want [a cross] with me, at all times.
4. Don’t call her a dumb blonde either. Because there’s a book in this photo.
Ok no, not because of the book. Kate explains to Elle thusly, “people deal with models like they are children. They think they can pull one over on you. It’s actually funny. I’m always like, I’m about to pull something on you, and you’re so focused on thinking I’m dumb you’re not even going to know.”
7. Sultry Upton in a pine-walled bathroom.
8. Twice the Upton! Walking up some stairs…sultrily.
9. And four times the Upton!
And thus four times the sultry.
10. It’s almost too much to handle.
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.