1. Abercrombie & Fitch celebrates the opening of any new store by unleashing shirtless hotties on the city in question.
2. They’re shirtless. That’s all they do.
3. But A&F take the caliber of their “greeters” so seriously that they don’t just rely on local talent.
4. They fly their finest sets of abs and biceps around the world, to make the best impression possible at each opening.
5. Like this.
6. And this.
7. And also this.
It’s like The Real Housewives of Abercrombie basically — giddy privileged folks spouting soundbites they should have really thought about beforehand. Unfortunately “Life As A Greeter” only ran for two episodes back in February — here’s hoping for a longer second season — but offered deep and meaningful insight into its characters’ lives.
In other words, there’s a lot of abs on show.
13. And here are some twins whose names I didn’t catch because abs.
Also because they’re doing that hilarious twin thing where they pretend to be each other and it’s never made clear who’s who because this is an Abercrombie video and their identities are of no concern it’s all about their BMI.
There are also lots more guys, too many to gif or screencap when you work in an office where not everyone gets to spend their day watching A&F videos, basically. (Suckers.)
18. As the first episode continues, it’s made clear that all greeters have to do is stay ripped and they get to travel the world and ride buses shirtless and wave.
There’s a (worrying) short segment where they discuss the risk of being hit in the face by a branch on their special open-top buses. Because once the pretty is gone, your tour is over.
24. With the story in place, the second episode discusses the deep bonds A&F’s greeters share. They’re not just gym bunnies, they’re linked 4 lyfe.
They give each other friendship bracelets and everything. Those crappy woven leather ones that would leave a stain on your wrist after you wore them to the pool, you know.
They all talk about how they can travel to each other’s countries and go stay with the native greeters and have shirtless sleepovers and massages because when you’re travelling you might have a heavy backpack and so it’s nice to work the stress of carrying that out before your back gets tense and knotted, you know?
34. Anyway that’s the end of episode #2
Presumably the model recovered.
It’s also the end of the “Life As A Greeter” series period, perhaps because they tried to film some more but all the greeters had gotten so close that they weren’t just sharing each other’s A&F sweatpants but they’d all moved in with each other and stuff and it was a bit weird to film because they had all these inside jokes and pet names for each other and the cameramen felt left out.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.