2. Fashion and lifestyle magazines’ September issues are traditionally the year’s biggest sellers.
They’re packed with ads, and they feature the first editorials featuring the fall season’s new collections. They’re also often fronted by top-of-the-A-list folk — or at least those as close to the A-list as the magazine’s PR team can wrangle. Sample cover stories: Gwyneth Paltrow’s struggles to fit two yoga classes into her busy day’s schedule; Miley Cyrus posing with a baby lion because, wait for it, neither can be tamed.
This year, Ebony magazine is taking a different approach:
7. Read more of the magazine’s Trayvon Martin coverage at ebony.com.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.