2. Fashion and lifestyle magazines’ September issues are traditionally the year’s biggest sellers.
They’re packed with ads, and they feature the first editorials featuring the fall season’s new collections. They’re also often fronted by top-of-the-A-list folk — or at least those as close to the A-list as the magazine’s PR team can wrangle. Sample cover stories: Gwyneth Paltrow’s struggles to fit two yoga classes into her busy day’s schedule; Miley Cyrus posing with a baby lion because, wait for it, neither can be tamed.
This year, Ebony magazine is taking a different approach:
7. Read more of the magazine’s Trayvon Martin coverage at ebony.com.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has been captured, Turkish media report.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.