27. Cycle 2: when the models had to hang from the ceiling of some big old warehouse with big holes in the floor.
This shoot is note-worthy thanks to acrophobic contestant Catie Anderson’s glorious meltdown.
26. Cycle 5: when the models had to pose as “fashion victims” while walking on a treadmill.
Runway expert Miss J was then edited in later, styled as a witch for some reason.
19. Cycle 19: when the models had to pretend they knew what steampunk is.
And pose with owls, who inevitably upstage them because owls are just sassy/amazing like that.
16. And cycle 19: when Tyra watched too much Walking Dead and made the models pose as zombies.
15. Cycle 3: when the models posed for a jewelry shot with a big hairy tarantula as a bonus accessory.
Oh yes, this also led to a teary meltdown of epic proportions.
12. Cycle 4: when the models had to pose in coffins, embodying the seven deadly sins.
Hilariously inappropriate for two reasons: firstly because model Kahlen Rondot received word that a good high school friend had died, secondly because it marked the start of the show’s mocking of fellow model Keenyah Hill’s apparent weight gain. (She landed gluttony.)
11. Cycle 7: when the models had to pose in Hair Wars-style wigs. I mean, there’s a parrot made of extensions in the mix here. Brilliant.
These could be almost be Top Model makeover shots, but not quite. Give Tyra a few more cycles though, and she’ll be telling some teary hopeful that she’ll look much more high-fashion with this sort of get-up.
6. Cycle 7: when the models had to pose WHILE FLOATING IN A WIND TUNNEL.
Naturally, this is an advertisement for CoverGirl’s TruBlend foundation. Aren’t you sold on the product?
Obviously an All Star shoot had to take the prize.
(But still, what happened to Angelea?)
All photos courtesy of America’s Next Top Model, via all-antm.net.
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.