2. The fall/winter 2013 Alexander McQueen collection featured ten looks inspired by, reported fashion critic Tim Blanks, “the excesses of Catholicism.”
3. That, or the wardrobe of one fierce Elizabethan (drag) queen. Regal, but risqué.
4. And the collection’s accompanying campaign images, recently debuted, suggest it’s the perfect outfit for the royal baby’s christening.
5. After all, just because it’s a big day for baby Cambridge doesn’t mean he has to get all the attention, right?
6. Besides, all these ostrich feathers will give the little royal something to play with during any downtime.
7. So, basically, this has to happen. If the Duchess of Cambridge won’t dare to wear, then fingers crossed Princess Beatrice will.
8. Because baby Cambridge will almost certainly* be wearing these under his christening gown.
These are from the Young Versace baby’s clothing line — “Blue Chain Print Trousers With Feet” specifically. And they’re only $70! Still, why should the young’un get to have all the designer fun?
*Read “almost certainly not.”
9. Here’s some of the collection’s ornate finery in color. It’s AMAZING, all of it.
See the collection in full here.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝