Following the exciting news that a soon-to-air original Lifetime movie, House of Versace, will tell the story of Donatella Versace’s tumultuous time at the helm of the classic European fashion label, Lifetime recently released a tantalizingly Eurotrashy promo pic of Gina Gershon in the lead role.
2. In other words, genius duckface casting.
Look at that sofa, and learn to love it.
3. Thanks to her wonderful SNL impression, Maya Rudolph was reportedly called up for the part first. Unfortunately, she said:
(Almost certainly not true, but it’s only fair to use this GIF at every possible opportunity.)
Based on WSJ reporter Deborah Ball’s 2010 book of the same name, the film will recount the entirety of Donatella’s design career at Versace (at least so far; long may her reign continue). Particular focus, as you would expect of a Lifetime flick, will be placed upon conflicts within the Versace clan, Donatella’s dalliances with bankruptcy, her drug problems as well as the rebab stint that followed — but there’ll be the requisite teary-eyed happy ending, as D eventually “confronts her demons and comes back [from rebah] stronger than ever to reignite the beloved Versace brand with her own vision and build one of the most powerful and influential fashion houses ever known.”
7. Meanwhile, in tenuously-related Nomi Malone clips:
8. Lifetime’s House of Versace premieres on October 5th. Get excited.
- The Republican health care bill is all but dead after President Trump asked Speaker Paul Ryan to scrap a vote when it was clear it wouldn't pass.
- Paul Ryan was forced to admit that "Obamacare is the law of the land" after the failure of the Republican health care bill.
- It's time for Ivanka Trump to "stand for women" against Republican health care policies, says Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍