Why, even this pile of hairpieces backstage looks classy.
OK no it doesn’t. I just love that this photo happened.
2. And then, when street style photographers including Bill Cunningham happily snapped away, showgoers filed out of the venue past a homeless man fast asleep.
(Still, though, a slightly less awkward photo op than this infamous moment from the fall 2013 season last September.)
4. Also at Alexander Wang, Solange Knowles worried that her face would be too shiny.
Reminder: Don’t get your scalp oiled before going to a fashion show. Oil will be dripping down yo forehead as u take photos @ the Wang show.
But it wasn’t really, so that’s a relief.
5. I experienced a similar “wet face” panic attack at the DKNY show.
After just about jogging across town to make it to the show in time, because I am incapable of hailing a cab under pressure, I found myself with a slightly moist brow. This is an #embarrassingfashionconfession, but oh well.
To my horror, I was then seated directly behind front row bait Kelly Osbourne, and the crowd of nonstop photographers left me convinced I would be looking like an oily sea monster hiding in the background of the resulting images. Fortunately, Kelly’s violet hair seems to be hiding me perfectly.
7. Back to the DKNY front row though, just briefly, because holy shit that is ANTHONY KIEDIS.
8. Despite his valiant effort, Kiedis loses out on the “do not want mustache” award to Justin Bieber at the Y-3 show.
11. Also, perhaps conscious of the fact that soon-to-be Dancing With The Stars star Amber Riley was sat front row, Tadashi Shoji showed dresses that could easily work for a foxtrot.
Granted, they could use a few more sequins to be ballroom-ready. But then, couldn’t everything use a few more sequins?
16. Alice Smith provided a therapy session through the medium of song at the Michael Bastian show.
That’s Smith on the left; these models in pineapple pants are just here because said pants are PHENOMENAL.
Or terrible, if you’re not into this kind of melancholy music. That’s the fashion industry for you, there’s just no middle ground!
19. Many of the glass water bottles left for guests at the Honor show got nudged off the bench seating and broke.
In fact, the show’s PR team hired a guy to follow the sound of broken glass around the runway and mop up each spill.
20. Aside from those errant glass shards though, the show’s runway set was a cute little fairytale wonderland.
And the models, skipping along all merrily like, clearly had a blast.
The whole barefoot thing is probably not advisable, though.
22. NAOMI CAMPBELL closed the Diane Von Furstenberg show. Really though, she shut it down.
25. There was also this model with green hair. Presumably everyone has forgotten about Charlotte Free already, then.
Despite the old school cotillion culture Posen’s aesthetic consistently represents, he’s not afraid to subvert the glamour once in a while. After all, he’s judging Project Runway now.
29. As far as exciting fashion show front row sightings, for me this came second to when I noticed two-time Survivor contestant Andrea Boehlke at Nautica.
I planned to ask Andrea for some tips for getting cast on Survivor post show. (Because if there’s one thing that show needs, it’s more FASHION JOURNALISTS; if you’re reading this, Survivor casting team, email me.) But she scampered off backstage with Dallas reboot hottie Josh Henderson, who she is now apparently dating, to take photos. And to be fair, if you were dating Josh Henderson, you would never miss an opportunity to have photos that document the relationship taken either.
30. Anyway, back to beauty queens and Custo Barcelona. Imagine how wonderful the world would be if all pageant contestants wore Custo gowns.
They’re all certainly better looks than the lime green monstrosity Miss USA wore as her opening look at this year’s pageant.
Also, here’s a photo of more hair extensions backstage at the show, because that’s a thing photographers are shooting a lot this season.
Note: Despite their appearance/the resemblance, these extensions were not used to make the fringe on the gowns Siriano showed. That sort of madness only happens on America’s Next Top Model.
37. The Delpozo show also featured the best bold blue eyeshadow.
38. Veritable fashion poetry was distributed at the A Détacher show.
The show notes told a story through models’ names and corresponding looks. Ugh, that Alyona (look #18 and/or look #36) is completely hopeless! And Nadia (look #30) isn’t going to get anywhere with that attitude either.
39. Deep breaths please. This happened at Nautica and then it happened again at Parke & Ronen.
Enjoy more of the shirtless goodness here.
41. Shades of the Wild West also abound, sort of, at Billy Reid. His collection walked along a faux-railway track.
42. Wait, did someone say “Wild West” as in Will Smith’s live performance of “Wild Wild West” at the MTV Video Music Awards?
No? No one said that?
43. Duckie Brown heard about fashion people hating on sleeves and really ran with the idea.
45. And it also showcased the snazziest sports cars…
47. A beautiful blonde model walked the runway at Jen Kao… and was accompanied by a similarly blonde human.
49. Kanye West showed up at the Hood by Air show looking glum.
51. West also attended the Louise Goldin show — one of the standouts of the season thus far.
Again, he doesn’t look thrilled, but I’m sure he was actually pretty into it.
Besides, models walked the Goldin show’s finale while his hit “Send It Up” played.
And that should at least cheer him up (a little bit).
53. And Nicki Minaj sat front row, next to Jessica Alba, taking photos on her iPhone — which has a Nicki Minaj cover, naturally.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race, and Trump's unreleased taxes during the first US presidential debate 📢
- The Colombia government and FARC rebels have signed a historic peace deal, ending 52 years of armed conflict.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌