In the “Top Model” preliminary round of this year’s Miss World pageant, the 127 contestants showed off their very bestest runway walks.
It’s an important round of the competition: This year’s newly crowned 2013 Miss World, Miss Philippines, also won first place here. (Even though her gown was sort of horrible, it must be said.)
Anyway, back to the glitter.
All 127 contestants also showed off some ridiculous, overtly glam evening gowns — courtesy of “48 of Indonesia’s elite fashion designers.” If an Indonesian version of Project Runway doesn’t already exists, it NEEDS to get filming. All the designers worked with a “Byzantine concept” in mind, though whether that’s a reference to the Byzantine era or a drag bar named Byzantium is not entirely clear. Either way, the exquisite designs apparently highlight “the very best of Indonesian fashion.” And quite frankly, I’m convinced. ENJOY.
1. Miss Lebanon.
3. Miss St Kitts & Nevis.
4. Miss India.
5. Miss Costa Rica.
7. Miss Fiji.
8. Miss Honduras.
9. Miss Panama.
10. Miss Czech Republic.
11. Miss Latvia, who’s actually modeling her own business cards. You can pluck them off her bustier.
OK not really but that’s an idea I’m definitely about to patent.
12. Miss Mauritius.
14. Miss Kyrgyzstan.
15. Miss Italy, who is wondering what she did to deserve these shoulder ruffles.
A top 10 “Top Model” finalist.
16. Miss Uganda.
18. Miss Colombia.
20. Miss Equatorial Guinea.
21. Miss Namibia.
22. And Miss Greece — with a bonus back shot of Miss Namibia’s look.
23. Miss Singapore.
24. Miss Barbados.
26. Miss Argentina.
It wouldn’t be a proper pageant without arbitrary peacock feathers, after all.
27. Miss Denmark.
28. Miss Curacao.
29. Miss Croatia.
These are (not) leftover tablecloths from a Fourth of July picnic.
30. Miss Guatemala.
31. Miss Mexico, and a bunch of audience members who DGAF about her couture-style finery.
33. Miss Nicaragua.
35. Miss Albania.
36. Miss Samoa.
37. And Miss Wales. Who even knows what’s happening here.
(Miss Wales sure doesn’t.)
All photos courtesy of the official Miss World 2013 Facebook page.
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.
- This is no illusion: Lady Gaga confirmed she's headlining the Super Bowl halftime show in February 🏈🎉
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.