20. Along with Nordstrom and Gymboree, J.Crew settled a class-action lawsuit brought by workers in “America’s worst sweatshop” — the U.S. territory of Saipan — in 2006.
The lawsuit alleged “there were beatings, forced abortions, vermin-infested quarters, barbed wire and armed guards,” at the factories. Clothing made in Saipan comes with the “Made in the USA” label.
23. And after “an undisclosed settlement” made between the brand and workers, a judge dismissed a lawsuit that Alexander Wang’s factory in New York was run under sweatshop-like conditions.
This is the problem with sweatshop claims — many are hard to verify, and some are merely rumor.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎