According to the National Drought Mitigation Center, more than 81% of California is in an “extreme drought.”
The state has been battling a drought that has become increasingly severe and costly over the past few years. California is now “short more than one year’s worth of reservoir water,” according to an NDMC report and residents can be fined up to $500 for excessively watering their lawns.
All images July 20, 2011, vs. Aug. 19, 2014, unless otherwise specified.
1. Lake Oroville
2. Folsom Dam
3. Lake Oroville
4. Lake Oroville
5. Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville
6. Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville
7. Satellite View of California
Jan. 18, 2013 vs. Jan. 18, 2014
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it—and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- At least 25 people are dead after a powerful earthquake hit Indonesia. Many may still be trapped under collapsed buildings.
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏