According to the National Drought Mitigation Center, more than 81% of California is in an “extreme drought.”
The state has been battling a drought that has become increasingly severe and costly over the past few years. California is now “short more than one year’s worth of reservoir water,” according to an NDMC report and residents can be fined up to $500 for excessively watering their lawns.
All images July 20, 2011, vs. Aug. 19, 2014, unless otherwise specified.
1. Lake Oroville
2. Folsom Dam
3. Lake Oroville
4. Lake Oroville
5. Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville
6. Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville
7. Satellite View of California
Jan. 18, 2013 vs. Jan. 18, 2014
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️