According to the National Drought Mitigation Center, more than 81% of California is in an “extreme drought.”
The state has been battling a drought that has become increasingly severe and costly over the past few years. California is now “short more than one year’s worth of reservoir water,” according to an NDMC report and residents can be fined up to $500 for excessively watering their lawns.
All images July 20, 2011, vs. Aug. 19, 2014, unless otherwise specified.
1. Lake Oroville
2. Folsom Dam
3. Lake Oroville
4. Lake Oroville
5. Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville
6. Bidwell Marina at Lake Oroville
7. Satellite View of California
Jan. 18, 2013 vs. Jan. 18, 2014
- President Trump is holding first rally since he took office today. Huge crowds and protests are expected 🗣 🇺🇸
- The most powerful storm in years to hit Southern California battered the region Friday with heavy rain and winds.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- A gay teen was kicked out of his house, and people are loving how this rapper helped him out 🌈 💜