1. When you got your older siblings' hand-me-downs.
2. And then when your younger sibling ended up getting your hand-me-downs.
3. But then they also got newer things because sometimes your hand-me-downs were worn down.
4. When you think that nobody in your family is paying attention to you.
5. When you do weird things because you think nobody in your family is paying attention to you.
6. When you go to the greatest lengths to impress and be noticed, and still feel unnoticed.
7. When your older or younger sibling does something and immediately gets recognized.
8. When your siblings learn that they can team up on you in any fights or arguments.
9. When you own your siblings after they decided to team up against you in a fight or argument.
10. When your younger sibling just absolutely played your parents like fiddles and got what they wanted.
11. When your older sibling was given all of the freedom in the world.
12. When your older sibling realizes you're old enough for them to hit you back now.
13. When you also realize your younger sibling can now beat the shit out of you too.
14. But also when you remember playing with both siblings as kids.
15. And when you find old pictures of when your younger sibling was born and you see how happy you were.
16. When your older sibling inspires you.
17. When your older sibling says you inspire them.
18. And when your younger sibling says they look up to you.
19. Or when you grasp how you actually witnessed your younger sibling grow into an incredible human being.
20. When you realize how insanely lucky you are to have both an older and younger sibling.
21. And that being a middle child isn't so bad.
22. Because you get to have two incredibly unique relationships with people you love fiercely.
Thumbnail image by Thinkstock