1. Melbourne, despite being a city not exactly famous for its good weather, briefly had a tornado warning and everyone lost their shit.
2. Oaks Day at Flemington racecourse was a total washout.
3. This clever lady took off her dress so it wouldn't get wet.
4. Stormchasers tried to capture the ultimate photo.
5. From the sublime...
6. ..to the ridiculous.
8. Someone took the opportunity to pitch a new tourism campaign.
9. Some people ducked for cover.
10. Making sure they stayed hydrated in lockdown.
11. And as soon as it started, it was over.
12. Around 3pm, the Bureau of Meteorology cancelled its tornado warning and life went back to normal.
14. People started to rebuild their lives.
15. The tornado may have passed, but it left in its wake some intense inter-state sledging.
18. Now all that is left to do is for Melbournites to pick through the wreckage of their windswept lives and try to salvage what they can.
Like BuzzFeed Australia on Facebook!
Alexandra Lee is a politics reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Alex Lee at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.